Mound View Cemetery, established in 1833, was named after an ancient Indian Mound located in the western part of the cemetery. Complete records of the cemetery plots were not kept until 1853. There are a few whose death dates occurred previous to 1833, however, it is believed that they were moved here from the Presbyterian Cemetery which was located at 105 East Chestnut Street.

  Mound View Cemetery, established in 1833, was named after an ancient Indian Mound located in the western part of the cemetery. Complete records of the cemetery plots were not kept until 1853. There are a few whose death dates occurred previous to 1833, however, it is believed that they were moved here from the Presbyterian Cemetery which was located at 105 East Chestnut Street.